4 BEST CHEESES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Composition of cheese
The composition, benefits and harms of a particular variety depend on many indicators, among which the method of production of the product is important: rennet or fermented milk. The taste quality is also affected by the raw materials used-milk, cottage cheese. In cheese – making, cow’s and goat’s milk is most often used, and sheep’s milk is a little less common.
- water with a mass fraction of 42-48%;
- milk fat — 45-50%;
- the remaining percentage is protein.
4 cheeses that fit into your weight loss plan
If you want to eat cottage cheese when losing weight or similar, then choose these varieties of product:
Tofu. Soft tofu contains about 5% of high – quality protein, while dense tofu contains more than 10%. Soy protein contains all the essential amino acids and is quite capable of replacing animal products.
Scientists have shown that just 25 g of soy protein per day reduces the level of “bad” cholesterol in the blood, thereby reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Brynza. This pickle cheese contains many active ingredients. So, it contains a number of vitamins: group B, C, A, tocopherol. It also contains mineral compounds: sodium, potassium, calcium, fluorine, and many others.
Cheese in its composition contains a lot of proteins that are well saturated. And these components help to improve the body’s performance.
Ricotta cheese. It is a traditional Italian whey cheese white in color, granular in structure and delicate in consistency. Thanks to lactose, it has a bland, but slightly sweet taste.
Ricotta is low in fat and high in protein, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc. The caloric content of cheese is small-it varies from 100 to 170 kcal per 100 g-which allows you to call the product a dietary one.
Mozzarella. How many calories in mozzarella? It clearly has only 17-24% fat content, from 150 to 270 kcal per 100 g and 28 g of protein. This variety is an excellent source of calcium, phosphorus, protein, and extremely useful fatty acids for the body.
It is especially useful to combine Mozzarella with herbs, vegetables and meat.
You can eat cheese on this principle:
- The time of receiving the product is the first half of the day.
- You are allowed to eat some cheese for a late dinner. In total, you can eat no more than 100 g of the product per day. Best of all — 1-2 slices per reception.
- Be sure to combine cheese with vegetables or berries, fruits, nuts. Sometimes allow yourself a dinner of a few slices of cheese and a glass of white or red natural dry wine.
- It is good for the body.
Low Calories Cheeses
|Variety name||Fat Content, %|
|Lithuanian cottage cheese||5|
|Arla Apetina Light||25|
|Galbani Mazzarella Light||30|
Spinach Salad With Feta Cheese
- Canned corn
- Red onion
- Balsamic vinegar
Spinach leaves contain vitamins C, A, B1, B2, B6, PP, P, E, D2, K, and minerals. Spinach is especially useful in areas where there is a lack of iodine and people have various health problems.
Cottage Cheese Salad Recipe
How Many Calories In Cottage Cheese?
For dietary nutrition, low-fat cottage cheese is used, which is a low-calorie product. There are only 71 calories in 100 grams, but all the useful properties are preserved.
- Green salad 1 bunch
- Tomatoes 3 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Crumbly cottage cheese 200 g
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Well-washed green salad leaves tear with your hands in a bowl.
- Juicy, elastic tomatoes cut in half and chop directly into the same bowl in small slices.
- Then add the cottage cheese, salt and pepper, very carefully and evenly mix this thing. If it turns out to be dry, add soy sauce or olive oil.