The essence of the 600-calorie diet is not to exceed the specified level of energy value of the diet. How do you build your diet in accordance with this requirement?
Of course, you can arm yourself with calorie tables, kitchen scales, and school math lessons, but we suggest using already prepared menu options.
The mere mention of a 600-calorie diet reminds many of Angelina Jolie, who, according to news reports, ate only so many calories during the day. The shockingly lean body she flaunts is true, but is that right? Most food experts would answer “NO” as an answer to this question, unless you need to dramatically reduce weight in a short time for medical reasons. And yes, that’s exactly what should be the motive for your desire to follow a 600 calorie meal plan if you plan to start it.
The 600 calorie diet, one of the important forms of diet in the VLCD category, is popular among dieters due to its ability to reduce weight at an accelerated rate in a short time. It causes “ketosis” in the body, as a result of which the fat cells in it break down to produce energy instead of glucose. Often, the usual nutrition in this diet is replaced by drinks, food additives, bars and soups.
However, a 600 calorie diet for any duration should always be observed under the supervision of a physician. Otherwise, it can do more harm than good.
Low Calorie Diet
For example, 100 calories are equivalent to 2 slices of chicken Mcnuggets from McDonald’s, and 1 plate of boiled broccoli baked with 1 tbsp of low-fat sour cream. If you want to not only lose weight, but also keep a healthy stomach and beautiful skin, you should give preference to the second option.
If you ate a 2,000 calorie diet beforehand, a 600 calorie diet will immediately subtract 1,400 calories from your meal every day. Gain over 7 days, which is 9800 calories per week, equivalent to about 3 pounds of weight, which you can easily lose on this diet on a weekly basis. If you exercise during your diet, this will help you reduce time.
- One of the most noticeable benefits of this diet is weight loss at an accelerated rate.
- Some preliminary studies hint that a 600-calorie diet plan can reverse diabetes (type 2).
- VLCDs are often credited with the ability to increase people’s lifespan when they are taken for a shorter period of time, and 600 calories is the bright name in it.
- Like all other VLCDs, uncontrolled nutrition plans for 600 calories can jeopardize your health.
- For a longer time, it can slow down the metabolism.
- Slower metabolism can cause weight gain in people after they abandoned the diet and began to eat normally.
- VLCDs also stimulate stone formation in the diet.
As for undesirable products, it is better not to include in the diet such ingredients:
- alcoholic beverages;
- store-bought juices;
- fatty meats;
- carbonated beverages;
- flour products;
- canned food;
- fried dishes;
- sweets, desserts;
- salty products.
600-calorie 1-day meal plan
Liquid substitutes and fasting juices are some of the most popular 600 calories. But if you want food to be your diet, read this. There are variants of 600 calories meal plan for a day down below.
1 cup (8 ounces) unsweetened black coffee (8 calories) + 2 hard boiled eggs (156 calories)
In addition, you may have a slice of 7 grains toast with 1 slice of unsalted butter (101 calories) + 1 cup of cappuccino (56 calories) + 1 almond (7 calories).
For lunch, follow the cooking process and the average.
1 (3 ounces) grilled skinless chicken breast without oil or fat (110 calories) + 1 cup chopped salad (8 calories).
Another good choice is a cup of garden salad with low-fat cheese, eggs, tomatoes and carrots. That would be approximately 118 calories as well.
8 oz. unsweetened black tea with 1 unsalted cracker – approx. 20 calories
1 serving (1 ¼ cup) of hot shrimp with rice noodles will give you 299 calories.
You can also choose 1 serving (1 ¼ cup) of fried chicken salad with 299 calories chicken rice. Add seedless cherries and black pepper for a larger flavor.
- Breakfast: 100 g of low-fat baked meat;
- Lunch: 50 g of low-fat baked meat + 2 apples;
- Afternoon tea: 2 kiwis;
- Dinner: 50 g of low-fat baked meat + 1 Apple, 1 kiwi;
- Drink: herbal teas, water, 1 Cup of coffee without sugar.
- Breakfast: 100 g of boiled fish of low-fat varieties;
- Lunch: 50 g of boiled fish of low-fat varieties + 3 kiwis;
- Afternoon tea: 1 Apple;
- Dinner: 50 g of low-fat fish, steamed + 1 kiwi, 1 Apple;
- Drink: herbal teas, water.
Planning Your Own 600 Calorie Dinner
First of all, a 600 calorie diet plan is best prepared by a qualified nutritionist who is able to accumulate each calorie with maximum nutrition in accordance with the dietary needs of a nutritionist.
If you do this, keep these pointers in mind –
- Try to eat raw / steamed vegetables and uncut fruits for maximum nutrition
- Lean meat / fish and low-fat dairy products – a good selection of products
- Processed sugar should be avoided completely.
- When choosing food, refer to the calorie table.
- Be sure to consult your healthcare professional before cutting or following a 600 calorie diet.
Note that it is much better to use this low-calorie diet for fasting days. Then the result will not come so quickly, but it will stay with you for a long time. The body will also benefit from this solution, as it will be cleared of toxins.
During the time of calorie reduction, a person is already beginning to lose weight. And when sports are added to the diet, the weight loss process is faster and more effective.
Many people who lose weight using this system confirm that in 1 week of such a diet, you can lose from 7 to 12 kilograms of excess weight.
This result is really impressive,
BUT for its safety it is very important to get out of the diet correctly, gradually increasing your diet by 50-100 calories. You need to calculate your daily energy requirement and consume as much food as your body needs.